Sunday, June 07, 2009

Eric Idle gets his tongue around the Penis Song (Not the Noel Coward Song)

Whiling the time away on this rather dull and rainy Sunday evening... ahead of the announcing of the EU election results tonight, browsing round my Facebook, I came across this gem posted by one of my friends there. Since I haven't posted many 'Funnies' lately I thought I would share it with you here!

The 'Penis Song' (Not the Noel Coward Song) is a song originally from the Monty Python film The Meaning of Life and released on the album Monty Python Sings.

In the film, it is sung by Eric Idle at a piano in the persona of a Noël Coward-style lounge singer, hence the sub-title of the song 'Not the Noel Coward Song.'

Beginning by addressing his audience, the singer says:

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Here's a little number I tossed off recently in the Caribbean!" lol

This initial innuendo is the opening gambit to the series of euphemisms that follow... alluding to male genitalia. The overall message of the song appears to be summed up in its opening line:

"Isn't it awfully nice to have a penis?"

Naturally, I'm thinking it is... it is!! lol Ha ha!

Here's the video - Hope you enjoy it!



More info at 'Penis Song' (Not the Noel Coward Song) - information from Wikipedia

0 comments: