Friday, March 20, 2009

Postcards from the World... my new blog

Just for a bit of fun... I have created a new blog today... Postcards from the World!

The idea of this site is for people like you to send me a souvenir tourist postcard from your part of the world. I would like you and people like you, to help me build an interesting collection of souvenir postcards from all across the globe!

If you wish to participate, all you need to do is to obtain a suitable souvenir tourist postcard of your town, city or country or any place you are visiting or have visited... just scan it into .jpeg format and send it to me... and I shall publish it in its own page in Postcards from the World.

If you would like to include a brief description of yourself and your town, that's fine. In fact, that would be very welcome and will add further interest to your postcard and the page I publish it on... don't you think? But please... I would like to ask people to be brief (unlike me)!

As and when I can, I shall also include a link (and brief description) to a page on Wikipedia for your location. For instance, in my case it would be for Gibraltar where I am originally from.

So... if you would like to participate and help me build a nice collection of souvenir tourist postcards from around the world, visit Postcards from the World now and just follow the simple instructions there.

I do hope you can help me build an interesting collection of souvenir postcards from all across the globe... so please do paricipate and send me your souvenir tourist postcard!

I look forward to receiving many great postcards from all across our wonderful world!

Thank in advance! :)

0 comments: